News / Digital Content Producer
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
ABC 13 WSET-TV has an immediate opening for a weekend evening newscast producer and weekday digital content producer. When working as a weekend evening news producer, you will determine the content and flow of newscasts and work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories, and also develop content for our website. When working as a digital content producer you will be responsible for getting breaking news and daily stories on WSET.com and our other digital properties as timely as possible.
Newscast Producer Skills:
- Solid news judgment
- Be a compelling and accurate writer
- Strong leadership skills
- Be able to multitask and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Must also have strong leadership and communication skills
- The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities are a must
- Must be proficient with newsroom systems, such as iNews
Digital Content Producer Skills:
- The ability to edit, write, and manage news stories, photos, videos, live streaming and interactive content for all digital platforms, including WSET.com, mobile, social media and emerging technologies.
- This position will also react to and post breaking news quickly and accurately and will keep in constant communication with the Digital Content Manager and news producers as stories develop.
- You will be responsible for crafting engaging social media posts that will drive audience engagement and help bolster WSET’s digital presence.
- As the Web Producer, you will consistently look for and create a diverse range of web content from a variety of sources.
- In addition, you will work primarily with news but will also assist sales and marketing teams on additional web content needs.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
A Journalism degree is preferred. When applying online, please include a recent web link of your work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Please apply online by going to: http://sbgi.net/sbgi-careers/
|Apply Online URL:
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER