Do you have a passion for helping others? Do you enjoy working in your local community? Do you like meeting new people and doing something different every day? Are you looking for rewarding part-time employment which could lead to full time employment?
If you’ve said yes to these questions, then check-out Stand Up!
Our mission allows us the opportunity to support individuals who are searching for employment in the community and striving for independence.
Reasons to Work @ SUI
1. Ability to make a difference in other’s lives.
2. Become a valuable member of a diverse team.
3. Assist in making your community a better place to live and work.
4. Be on a team that strives to display our company values in every task we do.
5. Be a part of a unique culture where people convert their passion into action.
Our Employment Specialists (Job Coach) work with individuals that have mild to moderate disabilities to help them find and secure long term employment in their community. Once employment has been found, the employment specialist provides training on the job site to ensure success.
What makes a successful Employment Specialist?
1. “Go-Getter” Attitude
2. Ability to work independently.
3. Open Availability (days, nights, and weekends)
5. Strong computer knowledge
Ideal, but not required:
Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education, Psychology, Human Services and Social Services, ASL Skills
Customer Service/Training Background
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.50 to $13.00 /hour
relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity