News & Events
2019 Town Hall Meeting/ Candidate Forum
The Bedford Area Chamber of Commerce, Smith Mountain Lake Regional Chamber of Commerce, and Smith Mountain Lake Association invite you to participate in a Town Hall event for candidates running for elected office in Bedford County. It will take place at The Bedford Columns, 812 E. Main St., Bedford on Wednesday, October 23 from 6 pm to 8:30 p.m.
The Town Hall is intended as an informational session for voters rather than a debate. The format will be:
- Candidates for the following offices will have four (4) minutes to address the audience.
- Virginia General Assembly: Candidate remarks, 6:15-6:55 p.m.; Q&A, 6:55-7:10 p.m.
- Sheriff: Candidate remarks, 7:10-7:30 p.m.; Q&A, 7:30-7:45 p.m.
- Bedford Co. Board of Supervisors: 7:45-8:10 p.m.; Q&A, 8:10-8:25 p.m.
- There will be a Moderator and a Timekeeper to make certain that the presentations stay within the allotted time frame, and that all candidates maintain a civil demeanor and avoid personal attacks against their opponents.
- Audience questions will be submitted in writing and asked by the Moderator.
- Due to the large number of races this year, candidates for other elected offices are encouraged to attend and will be recognized as part of the program, but no time will be allocated for remarks.
- You are welcome to bring campaign brochures for distribution at the event. A table will be provided for these materials.
Please RSVP to Dena at the Bedford Area Chamber of Commerce (email@example.com, 540-586-9401) before October 9th.